The Salvation Army is dedicated to keeping children and vulnerable adults safe from physical, emotional and sexual harm. We refer to our safety efforts as “Protecting The Mission.”
Protecting The Mission guidelines ensure The Kroc Corps Community Center emphasizes safety in the following ways:
- Salvation Army personnel (officers, employees and volunteers) are trained in child abuse prevention and are mandated reporters of suspected child/vulnerable adult abuse.
- Salvation Army personnel undergo criminal background checks.
- As part of our commitment to the safety of children and vulnerable persons, The Salvation Army Kroc Center reserves the right to consult public sources to determine whether any member or guest of any member poses an unreasonable risk of harm to its patrons, staff, or visitors.
- Adults accessing the facility will be screened against the public sexual offender registry.
- In order to promote a safe and secure environment, The Salvation Army Kroc Center has placed video cameras in various locations and maintains video surveillance of the facility 24 hours a day.
- Instructors are trained in appropriate interactions with Kroc members to enhance learning by creating a safe and inviting environment.
- Programs involving children are closely monitored to ensure adequate supervision and safe interactions between Kroc personnel and children.
- The Kroc Center constantly adapts and enhances safety protocols to adjust to needs.
- Members and guests are encouraged to report suspicious behavior. Request a Comment Card at the front desk, do not disclosure your name on the card if you wish to remain anonymous.
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center reserves the right to remove from the facility and terminate the membership of any member who fails to comply with any posted rules and regulations or otherwise breaches the Code of Conduct, in which case the member will not be entitled to a refund of dues.