The Salvation Army expects members, visitors and participants to dress and act appropriately while in the Kroc Center. Kroc Center administration will determine the appropriateness of the dress and conduct of users.
Appearance (examples listed below) should contribute to a positive environment. The health and safety of individuals will not be compromised in favor of personal appearance and attire. The following guidelines apply to all members and visitors.
- Dress identified as gang apparel is not allowed, including color or style of dress. Any item worn or carried to identify a person as a gang member is not allowed.
- No revealing clothing such as short shorts, halter or tube tops, etc.
- Sagging pants, short tops, etc. with visible undergarments are not permitted.
- Hats, stocking caps, hair in curlers, picks and bandanas are not allowed.
- Clothing which displays writing that promotes drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual activity or violence is not allowed, nor is clothing with vulgar or derogatory wording.
- Sunglasses may be worn inside only if a doctor prescribes them. Written verification is required.
Persons in violation of this dress code will be asked to change or leave the premises as determined by Kroc Center administration.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience at the Kroc Center...
- Shirts and shoes are required throughout the facility except for designated areas such as locker rooms and the Aquatic Center.
- The Kroc Center facilities and grounds are Alcohol, Smoke and Tobacco free.
- All weapons and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Food and beverage consumption is limited to designated areas only. Empty water bottles (no glass containers) are permitted except where prohibited by individual room policy.
- Profanity, fighting, roughhousing, theft and vandalism are prohibited.
- Use of the facilities without proper payment of admission fee is strictly prohibited.
- Excessive loitering, where it is determined by management to be in conflict with the enjoyment of the facility by other patrons, will not be tolerated.
- Patrons determined to be routinely inconsiderate of other patrons, staff, property and/or equipment may be suspended or terminated.
- Children 7 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying participant 19 years or older.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the building.
Any person in violation of these policies may be suspended from the property for a duration determined by Kroc Center administration.
These policy and procedures are also available in Spanish:
Póliza y Regulaciónes en Español
For safety and/or health reasons some areas of the Kroc Center have policies unique to that portion of the facility. These policies include:
Inclement Weather Policy
If UNO cancels their classes due to weather, Kroc Center classes and programs will also be canceled for the same period of time. However, the Kroc Center facility will remain open for general use.
If The City of Omaha declares a city emergency (example: snow emergency), the Kroc Center may also close. Watch for these postings on local TV and Radio stations in inclement weather situations.
Inclement Weather Policy subject to change.